Messenger's note:

The Chronicles is a series that I have been writing for years, but only for a while putting them into a blog, it has influences from books, anime, comics, and even the music I listen to.

The names of the places in this story may or not be real, but this is fiction, and the story is set in an alternate ambiance, so don't expect total accuracy.

I hope you enjoy the story as much as I do when I write it, even if I take too long to update! xD

xoxo

May 11, 2007

Chapter 6: Save my life. Part I.


Morning broke in the city, the birds started to make their usual rounds in the neighborhoods, it all seemed quiet and peaceful.


Nessa awoke suddenly in her bedroom, looked around to see no one beside her nor around in the room, the last thing she remembered was being in the park with both Charles Daniel's spirit and Witold, after that is some sort of blur.

-"Was it a dream then?" she asked softly.

She got up and grabbed her robe that sat in the nearby chair and went out of the room having a feeling that someone she knew was nearby as if feeling the presence or that person very close to her.

The apartment seemed quiet, she walked toward Alex's room and peeked inside, he laid asleep on his bed, all covers thrown on the floor. She smiled in amusement and went inside the room picking them up and put them on the bed again, covering the young boy. She got out of the room and walked toward the kitchen.

She heard the sound of the wind coming from the window, she closed her eyes feeling the wind surround her...she felt a presence, harmless toward her, but she felt weary of it. Then she heard the doorbell, which took her out of her reverie.

-"In a minute!" she yelled toward the door, as she quickly went to her room to change into something more visit worthy.

She opened the door to find Yevgeny at her doorstep, he said hello and she told him to go inside the apartment.

-"I need to ask you something...that and I came to check on you.." He said with a small smile. She smiled and greeted him and motioned him to sit on the living room couch.

-"What is troubling you my friend?"

-"I did a star reading last night...I saw some things...but...you know you are the one that can confirm what i saw..."

-"Ok, not a problem...show me..." Yevgeni closed his eyes, concentrating in the images he saw last night, trying to tell her, to show her in her mind what he had seen.

Nessa saw in her head pictures and scenes, the night as star of that wicked movie Yevgeni was showing her, she saw Witold fighting and getting hurt badly, she saw Joe and Alex in the verge of tears. Richard running away with Yevgeni at his side. She saw herself dead on the ground, a man at her side crying and holding her. She saw many more things, things that made tears fall from her face, that made her feel great pain in her chest.

Her breath was ragged, she was losing air, she felt as if being drowned. She tried to yell or cry for help but couldn't, the magnitude of the images and feelings were too great. She only managed to grab Yevegeni's hand tighter, hurting it with her nails. Yevgeni opened his eyes suddenly breaking his trance and gasped.

-"Nessa?! Nessa!..." He said grabbing her shoulders, but she didn't seem to stop crying, her pain was too great in her heart, her mind telling her things, many voices, many screams, tears. Suddenly she colapsed on the couch. Alex yelled from his doorway and ran to her side, Yevgeni held her, trying to make her come to.

-"What happened?!!?!?!" Alex yelled.

-"She was watching my star reading...but..I think she saw more than I did!" Yevgeni replied.

-"Call someone...call Witold...anybody!!" he said grabbing Nessa's hand, he began to chant something. Yevgeny dialed his phone inmediately, suddenly, her hand moved. They both stopped what they were doing in an instant, Nessa groaned and opened her eyes slowly. She muttered something the boys not understanding at first.

-"Help me get up" she whispered, Alex helped her sit on the couch, Yevgeni checked her pulse on her wrist and sighed in relief.

-"What the hell happened?!?!?!" Alex said to her frantic.

-"I guess I wasn't as recuperated as I thought I was..." She said smiling slightly.

-"You scared me mama..." Alex said hugging her tight almost in tears, she hugged him back with equal force, Yevgeni joined them, apologizing to her.

-"No need Yev...I thought I could handle it...I guess i'm getting old" she said laughing slightly.

-"You have been fighting so much lately...I should have waited but I thought I..." Yevgeni said in a whisper. Nessa shook her head.

-"Nothing I can't handle, I'm just still a bit weak...it happens..." she said calmly. In her mind, millions of thoughts came to be, questions that needed answers, worries about her friends and herself, for the first time in a long time...Nessa felt afraid.

No comments: