Messenger's note:

The Chronicles is a series that I have been writing for years, but only for a while putting them into a blog, it has influences from books, anime, comics, and even the music I listen to.

The names of the places in this story may or not be real, but this is fiction, and the story is set in an alternate ambiance, so don't expect total accuracy.

I hope you enjoy the story as much as I do when I write it, even if I take too long to update! xD

xoxo

September 4, 2007

Chapter 7: Endless rain sonata. Part I (An interlude)


Witold came into the room holding a tray with fresh bandages and some medicine. Aleksandr laid asleep on the bed, Nessa sat beside him, asleep as well with her head over her arms on the bed. Witold chuckled as he saw her asleep.

He put the tray on the nearby table and went to her side and gently nudged her awake,
she stirred slightly and groggily pried her eyes open.

-"Ne...Witek...is he awake yet?" she asked yawning slightly.

-"He was some hours ago, but he begged me to let you sleep..." he said laughing slightly, she grumbled in a low voice, cursing possibly.

-"As if he were in charge..." Witold laughed heartily at this as he went for the tray to change Aaleksandr's bandages.

-"Mom should be proud, she always wanted a doctor..." he said jokingly.

-"You have an amazing gift..." she said stretching her legs and arms a little.

-"Which you seem to exploit, now young lady you have to stop getting so badly injured..." he said mocking a fatherly tone.

-"Awww how else I'm going to see you?" she played along, laughing a little.

Suddenly the air turned a bit gloomy, silence came upon them, as if remembering something that happened long ago, something bittersweet.

-"Ne, Nessa?" Witold said softly as he sat on Aleksandr's bed and started taking of his bandages.

-"Yeah?"

-"What happened at the church? what happened really?" he asked softly and slowly, as if choosing his words carefully.

-"Samael...that is what happened..." she said in a monotone voice, a voice she used when 'business' was being spoken.

-"No...I mean, what happened really?"

-"Samael appeared, I do not why yet, possibly wants to kill us Spellhowlers, funny thing is that when Yevgeni got there, he wasn't a target, I was by myself the sole target....I do not know more...I was hoping you would tell me since now you seem to spend your time with Richard more than usual..." she said nonchalantly, still in the monotone voice.

-"Busted I guess..." he said as he finished changing the bandages on aleksandr's stomach.

-"Won't you tell me what is going on? or do I have to ask the dead?" she said suddenly.

-"I suppose Richard will fill us in when he knows more..." he said softly

-"Gomen ne..." she said and they both sat in silence in the room. Something tapped the window slightly, they both looked up to see it was starting to rain.

-"Alexei is going to stay at Yevgeni's..." Witold said suddenly.

-"I should go see him for a while..."

-"You do know he is 16 and that he is old enough to be 'ok' on his own, right?"

-"Da, but that doesn't mean I can't show my face over at Yev's and check on him. Call me if he wakes up before I come back? I thank you in advance" she said getting up from the chair slowly, finishing her stretching her back. She looked at Aleksandr and smiled, he slept peacefully, with a smile on his face. She reached to move a strand of hair from his face and kissed his forehead gently, then turned toward the door.

-"Nessa..." Witold whispered.

-"Yeah?" she said turning toward him from the door.

-"Take care..."

-"Will do.." she said with a smile as she headed out the door.


Witold smiled softly and looked at Aleksandr.

-"I suppose you know something I don't my friend...I hope you tell me what it is, before it is too late..."
He said as the rain came pouring doing in lovely small drops that filled the view from the window.


1 comment:

Mandrake said...

So Nadja... I was passig by... then suddenly decided to say hi.

(I am not a stalker... but I visited your flickr aswell. )

It´s been a huge coincidence.: I live in Barquismeto... and I love London too.

Is an awsome experience to find my self keeping my english "warm" by reading your delicious lines.

About your story... sorry... I am late.

Go ahead. I will tray to remind come back soon.

Best wishes.


www.zonalaptop.com