Messenger's note:

The Chronicles is a series that I have been writing for years, but only for a while putting them into a blog, it has influences from books, anime, comics, and even the music I listen to.

The names of the places in this story may or not be real, but this is fiction, and the story is set in an alternate ambiance, so don't expect total accuracy.

I hope you enjoy the story as much as I do when I write it, even if I take too long to update! xD

xoxo

April 14, 2008

Chapter 9: Grace, soko ni arimasu. Part III.


Alexei waited for his cue hidden in the rooftop of a house beside Hikawa Temple. Weapons in hand he stood in view of all the perimeter, hidden in darkness by a spell, not even the owners of the house he was on knew of his prescense.

-"Dudes, I've been here all freaking night, when are we going in?" Alexei spoke in his mind and in his mind he heard.

-"Patience, she hasn't given the 'go ahead' yet..." Yevgeny answered a tad annoyed.

-"I wonder what is she trying to do, this is going without protocol...or a plan for that matter" Joe Armand said into the conversation.

-"This is not exactly a church we are staking out..." Alexei said as a matter of factly.

-"It is a place of worship nonetheless..." Yevgeny said still a tad annoyed.

-"Why would it ask to meet here? and I had a date mind you..." Joe Armand said sighing in frustration.

-"If this was an actual stake out involving demons we would be discovered and killed...you guys talk too much" Nessa intervened suddenly in a mock serious tone, everyone went silent and replied in unison.

-"Sorry Nessa"

-"It won't be much longer, it should be here any minute now so be ready..."
She said smiling a little by herself as she waited inside the temple. She chuckled slightly at their ramblings within their mind link so to speak, it was their way of talking when they could not speak.

-"Roger!" they replied again in unison.




Witold stood in the rooftop of the Kobayashi Building, deep in thought as if trying to decipher a puzzle in his head.

The wind blew furiously near him as he closed his eyes.

-"Charles Daniel..." Witold whispered slightly smiling and turning around to find his friend.

-"Witek" Charles smiled broadly.

-"I'm sorry to get you out of the confinements of the cemetery, I know you hate moving from there"

-"Not at all my friend, what do you need?"

-"Tell me what she is up to..." at this Charles laughed

-"You know I can't break confidence, nor rat her out, but I'll tell you she is in no danger..."

-"You will have to do better than that"

-"You haven't regained her complete trust...you need to move your behind on that..." he said chuckling slightly.

-"It is quite...difficult if she keeps treating me as if nothing is wrong and being all...whatever she is being right now..." Witold said sighing in frustration, Charles laughed a little.

-"Things have changed my friend, she grew up, she moved on...a lot has happened in these 3 years"

-"I'm not sure if I'm satisfied with the direction she is taking..." Witold said passing a hand through his hair.

-"You are worried about Aleksandr I take it?"

-"No...yes...maybe...I don't know..." He said blushing a little as he answered the question with Charles laughing a little in each word he said.

-"You never change...I'm glad actually about that"

-"Why?"

-"A degree of normalcy maybe, who knows? it is quite amusing for me to know now that you are still the same Witold I knew..." Witold smiled at this looking away toward the sky.

-"I'm not sure if that is a good thing..."

-"For now, it is" Charles Daniel waved 'bye' to his friend and left the rooftop carried by the wind back to his resting place.



No comments: