Messenger's note:

The Chronicles is a series that I have been writing for years, but only for a while putting them into a blog, it has influences from books, anime, comics, and even the music I listen to.

The names of the places in this story may or not be real, but this is fiction, and the story is set in an alternate ambiance, so don't expect total accuracy.

I hope you enjoy the story as much as I do when I write it, even if I take too long to update! xD

xoxo

April 21, 2008

Chapter 9: Grace, soko ni arimasu. Part IV.


-"Nadzieja...long time no see..."
Said a figure approaching her, but she felt no threat. She bowed in response and the figure motioned her to seat in a nearby bench.

-"Sorry to bother you, but I am in need of your guidance, or advise..."
she said looking around the room, mentally planning a possible escape if attacked.

-"What worries you?"

-"Whatever Charles Daniel is hiding from me..."
the figure chuckled a little.

-"You come to me yet again for the same ordeal...
(At this Nessa could not help to look confused, the figure chuckled in amusement) you came to me years ago, looking for answers to questions even yourself could not grasp"

-"I...do not remember..."
Nessa said looking away slightly embarrassed.

-"I see the healer did a terrible job on your memory..."

-"Do not rub that in..."
Nessa said with a serious tone.

-"Have you regained some of it?"

-"Not really, but I try my best to act accordingly...if you can say that..."

-"I must say I admire you, you forgave him. Either you are incredibly naive or you know a truth hidden in the shadows, but my intention is not to dwell on the past, I sense you are in a great disturbance.

-"I know that I do not need your permission to dwell in your realm, but I must ask something of you..."
Nessa said slowly as if thinking her words carefully, the figure arched an eyebrow questionably.



-"She is not home..." Aleksandr said to Witold as he got up to the floor in which Nessa's apartment was located. Witold jumped in surprise.

-"Where can she be? Do you know?" Witold said rather surprised but breathing easier now.

-"Something tells me I have to wait though..."

-"The problem is for what exactly..."
Witold said as he sat beside Aleksandr.

-"We are in deep shit..."
A voice was heard beside them.

-"Charles?"
Witold said suddenly, Aleksandr waved as if he could see the spirit.
Charles waved back and looked around.

-"What are you guys doing here??" Charles asked rather confused.

-"Waiting for Nessa" Witold answered simply.

-"Do you know where she is?" Aleksandr asked as if he could listen or see Charles Daniel.

-"She is at Hikawa and that is why I came, you guys must go to Hikawa ASAP!"

-"Hikawa? what is she doing there?"

-"Hikawa?...oh no!" Aleksandr stood up quickly.

-"Wait, wait! what do you know??" both Witold and Charlie said in unison.

-"I had hoped it was just a bad dream!" said Aleksandr as he ran away. Witold stood up but stayed dumbfounded. Charles Daniel nudged him.

-"What are you waiting for, a photograph!? GOO!!"



-"What you asked for, is...incredibly courageous of you..." The figure said taking a breath.

-"I know it comes with a price..." Nessa said her voice audibly shaken.

-"I wouldn't worry about that now...you are a friend of my realm after all"

-"So you agree?"

-"It will bear consequences on your end, are you sure you are ready to proceed?"

-"It is something I must do..."

-"I will give you time to prepare, and to let you say what you need to say to the people you want. I am Death, the keeper of my realm, but I'm not insensitive nor insensible..."

-"I thank you"
She said as she stood up and bowed slightly.

-"No need...Although I foresee that they won't like it at all"
said the figure standing up as well.

-"They will have to understand eventually..."
Nessa said with a sad smile.

-"I will bear you farewell for now, and good luck"
The figure said as it left the temple.

-"Farewell..." Nessa said with a wave and a sad smile.

No comments: